Grammar & Composition
Health Tip of the Day
Recipe of the Day
There was an error. Please try again.
Please select a newsletter.
Please enter a valid email address.
Did you mean ?
November 29, 2014.
, sometimes referred to as quotes or inverted commas, are punctuation marks used in pairs to set off a
or a piece of . Here are five guidelines for using quotation marks effectively in .
Use double quotation marks (" ") to enclose a direct quotation:After telling an audience that young people today "think work is a four-letter word," Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton said she apologized to her daughter."No good deed," wrote Clare Booth Luce, "will go unpunished."Keep in mind that direct quotations repeat a speaker's exact words. In contrast,
are summaries or
of someone else's words. Do not use quotation marks around indirect quotations:Paul said, "I'm satisfied."Paul said that he was satisfied.
Use double quotation marks to enclose the titles of songs, short stories, essays, poems, and articles:Softly, almost tenderly, Legree recited the lyrics to the song "She Made Toothpicks out of the Timber of My Heart."The first draft of my favorite E. B. White essay, "Once More to the Lake," was a letter that White wrote to his brother a week after their mother's death.Do not put quotation marks around the titles of books, newspapers, instead, italicize or underline those titles.
Use a pair of single quotation marks (' ') to enclose a title, direct quotation, or piece of dialogue that appears within another quotation:Josie once said, "I have never read much poetry, but I love the sonnet 'Be Bop a Lula.'"Notice that two separate quotation marks appear at the end of the sentence: a single mark to close the title and a double mark to close the direct quotation.
appears at the end of a quotation, put it inside the quotation mark:"Gluttony is an emotional disease," Peter DeVries once wrote, "a sign that something is eating us."
appears at the end of a quotation, put it outside the quotation mark:John Wayne never said, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"; however, he did say, "A man ought to do what's right."When a
appears at the end of a quotation, put it inside the quotation mark if it belongs to the quotation:Gus sang, "How Can I Miss You If You Don't Go Away?"But if the question mark or exclamation point does not belong to the quotation itself, put it outside the quotation mark:Did Merdine really sing, "His Heart Was Pure"? NEXT:
Guidelines for Using Quotation Marks Effectivelyfurther cooperation是什么意思_百度知道
further cooperation是什么意思
提问者采纳
further cooperation深度协作;深入合作例句1.We look forward to further cooperation with you.我们期待着与你进一步合作。2.We do hope the successful result of this contract will lead to further cooperation and business between us.我们真的希望这次合同的圆满执行能给我们带来进一步的合作和业务。3.We for forum's development and the achievement, feel the heartfelt happiness for the forum and China's further cooperation.我们为论坛的发展和成就,为论坛与中国的进一步合作感到由衷的高兴。4.I received your address from Ms. Li and would like to setup and appointment with you to discuss further cooperation.我收到来自李先生的信,且想和您约定个时间进一步商讨合作。5.Please send us photo quotation so we could proceed to further cooperation with you.请把你的报价单给我们。这样我们可以开始长期合作。6.We sincerely welcome any enquiries from you for further cooperation.我们真诚的欢迎您的任何咨询,以及进一步的合作意向。
来自团队:
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他4条回答
进一步的合作
进一步合作
进一步合作~深入合作~
进一步合作
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁}