Portuguese-Brazil
Includes 17 Steam Achievements
Title: The Night of the Rabbit
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 28 May, 2013
Buy The Night of the Rabbit
Buy The Night of the Rabbit Premium Edition
Includes Original Soundtrack (41 tracks), 8 audio books (160 minutes total running time) and a wonderful game comic by Olga Andriyenko.
Packages that include this game
Buy Daedalic Adventure Bundle
Includes 5 items:
Deponia, Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes, Memoria, The Night of the Rabbit, The Whispered World Special Edition
Buy The Daedalic Armageddon Bundle
Includes 11 items:
Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Goodbye Deponia, The Whispered World Special Edition, The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, A New Beginning - Final Cut, Memoria, The Night of the Rabbit, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes, 1954 Alcatraz
Downloadable Content For This Game
“Night Of The Rabbit is unquestionably charming, and wow, the art is exceptional.” -
“If there was any question whether Daedalic is the inheritor of the LucasArts adventure gaming crown, consider it settled.” -
“... the most outstanding game I’ve played this year.” -
About This Game
Lose yourself in a tale of magic and wonder, where anything is possible and where nothing is quite as it seems: join young Jerry and follow a peculiar white rabbit to the wondrous realm of Mousewood, a land where critters can speak and where mystery abounds.
It is here that Jerry’s dream of being a magician comes true, though a haunting, sinister force casts a long shadow over the forest. Someone offers the residents of Mousewood a deal of their lifetime - tickets to the greatest magic show that the world has ever seen. But the price is steep, as they'll have to stake their most precious possessions and also their lives.
As the shadows grow deeper, the residents of Mousewood have only Jerry to turn to. On an adventure full of laughter and tears, joy and fear, the young boy will face the ultimate trial, leaving behind the world he once knew, and his childhood, too, will become a thing of the past.
Story-driven exploration/adventure: The Night of the Rabbit was conceived, written and designed by Matthias Kempke, who believes that games design is all about creating new worlds to be explored by players.
Multi-layered story: it starts out in a light-hearted and funny way, but soon shift to a dramatic and thought-provoking tone over the 20 hours of gameplay.
Original character and world design: the animal people who populate the game were originally developed in short stories wri these stories are included as the in-game bonuses.
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor:2.5 GHz (Single Core) or 2 GHz (Dual Core)
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 256 MB RAM (Shared Memory is not recommended)
DirectX(R):9.0c
Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX compatible
Recommended:
Processor:2.5 GHz (Single Core) or 2 GHz (Dual Core)
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (Shared Memory is not recommended)
DirectX(R):9.0c
Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX compatible
Minimum:
Processor:2 GHz (Dual Core) Intel
Hard Drive:7 GB HD space
Recommended:
Processor:2 GHz (Dual Core) Intel
Hard Drive:7 GB HD space
(C) 2013 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. The Night of the Rabbit, The Night of the Rabbit logo and the Daedalic logo are trademarks of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All rights reserved.
More like this
Very Positive
(21 reviews)
Very Positive
(988 reviews)
Review Type
All&(1,040)
Positive&(948)
Negative&(92)
Purchase Type
All&(1,040)
Steam Purchasers&(988)
Key Activations&(52)
All Languages&(1,040)
Your Languages&(491)
Display As:
Most Helpful
462 reviews match the filters above
( Very Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
I really enjoyed this game.
The animation is gorgeous, the characters varied and interesting, and there is plenty to do.
It takes a little while for the story to really kick off, but it's worth the wait.
It's really story-rich and not always as easy as it appears to be.
If you enjoy other Daedalic games, I can definitely recommend it.
Was this review helpful?
Even though summer ends, the magic lingers.Amazing story, great game.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
&Remember: there are no problems, only challenges!&Considering all my experiences with Daedalic Entertainment so far, I tend to hold a middle ground in my judgements. The game is either perfect - like Memoria - or consists of a perfect idea ruined in rushed display - like Whispered World. On a 50-50 gamble, I took my chance and I'm happy to declare that The Night of the Rabbit went to snatch itself a place among the perfect ones.Meet Jeremiah Hazelnut, a young boy who lives in a forest hut with his mother, and it's the last two days of his summer vacation. Young Jerry ventures out to the forest to find himself an adventure before dinner, and ends up meeting a strange rabbit named Marquis de Hoto who offers Jerry the great opportunity to become a wizard's apprentice! Marquis promises Jerry that he'll be home before dinner, and takes him to the village of Mousewood, where he'll be trained in the art of arts: magic! As Jerry proudly declares: Anything's possible on a day in summer vacation!Before getting into gameplay, I'd like to take a moment to talk about the atmosphere of the game. The whole setting is already captivating with beautiful 2D art backgrounds, enchanting soundtrack and loveable characters as if they are taken out of a beloved children's book. Aside the trademark folklore themes of mainland Europe, numerous other mythologies are carefully wrapped up into a well-balanced setting of its own in this wondrous little tale. Character depth and storytelling are marvelous, voice acting is stunning and dialogue interactions vary between conjuring a warm smile on your face and inviting you to sudden striking realizations on human nature. Don't let the c I took a pause to consider the wisdom behind an unexpected remark made in game more than once.For the gameplay: it is a bit more than your casual point and click adventure. For the most part of the game, you are presented with a townful of people and places to explore, and also a handful of side stories and/or quests to accomplish aside the main scenario with card rewards. Item combinations are imaginative, yet not obscure at all. With some observation, it is possible to go through the whole game. Through his adventures, Jerry will learn some spells that will enrich the gameplay and present you new op like talking to statues, growing plants in mere seconds, changing shape... and even make impossible, possible!One of my favorite parts in the game is that you are encouraged to collect some mysterious cards in your explorations which you can use to play a card game named Quartets with the town's inhabitants. It is a lovely mini game that takes some attention and an exercise of memory. The game also contains some collectibles for you to look for - like stickers, dew drops and stories told by a mysterious woodspirit. They are not a must, but collecting them reveals some side lore to the game that you may enjoy very much. Every detail is carefully placed to make a whole masterfully. There is a variety of things to do in this game which offers at least 10 hours of gameplay roughly.As a final word, when I chose to play The Night of the Rabbit, I wasn't expecting this kind of quality in setting, story, narration or gameplay. This is a wonderful and imaginative tale that I'll remember for a long time. Jerry's tale might have ended here, but I wonder if Mousewood or Marquis made their last appearances... I wish not.Please also check out Lady Storyteller's Curator page
- follow for regular updates on reviews for other games!
Was this review helpful?
AT A GLANCE(Full review follows below) Game Name: The Night of the Rabbit Original Release: 2013 Genre Tags: Point & C A Story R A Artistic
My Overall Grade: A Estimated Playtime (Campaign): 12-18 hours Multiplayer Aspect: None Recommended To: Establish Those in A Strong Game atm Casual gamersREVIEWNight of the Rabbit may be Deadalic Entertainment's best work yet... and that is saying something.
In my opinion, they are one of the premiere developers of point-and-click adventure games today.
All of their games have a certain &charm& about them that make them so appealing.
Well Night of the Rabbit may be the quintessential example of that &Deadalic Charm.&The puzzles make sense for the most part, and there are in-game hints which can help you along.
The artwork is amazing and the soundscape is phenomenal. I really liked the music.
The voice acting is well done, although some of the lines are a bit forced and a bit corny. And the overall story is intriguing and well-told.
Also, I experienced no glitches/bugs or crashing. It is an undeniably well-crafted game.It is also a rather long game for the point-and-click genre.
It does drag on a little towards the end.
One thing that most Deadalic games do well is timing, where they end just as they start to get old... but this one definitely has an hour or three more than it needs to.
So: if you get bored of games easily, you might want to be aware of this.There are
lots of extras in the game that you don't commonly see in point-and-click games, like collectibles... and even a card-based mini-game similar to gin/go-fish.
Although I personally thought they could have made the card game more fun (it is very luck based), it was a cool little extra.All in all, though, I thought this was a great game.
Probably Deadalic's best work so far.
If you are a fan of point-and-click games this is a must play.
Was this review helpful?
This game is a work of art.
The music, the art, the voice-acting, the story, and even the hidden collectables are magnificent.
Even if you use a walk through the whole time (some of the puzzles are less than intiutive), it is worth playing and sharing.
The creators even included 8 recorded stories, beautifully written and read, as one of the collectibles.
The dedication and care put into this game are evident and the experience is inifinitely better for it.
After playing it through once, I would happily play it again, just to get all the collectibles and enjoy the story once more. I wish more games were like this one.
Was this review helpful?
Great Game!If you love classic &Point and Click& Adventures,lovely designed Level and beautiful Music you shouldn't miss this game.The riddles may be confusing sometimes and need a
certain amount of brain to solve but if you like to combine a snail with an envelope you will have no real problme but instead lots of fun.
Was this review helpful?
Enter the realm of Mousewood where a world filled with magic and warm feelings wait for you and your journey to begin. As soon you start the game, the first thing you will notice is how unique the art style is. With warm and vibrant colours, The Night of the Rabbit is the perfect (summer) adventure to play any time of the year, it's easy to fall in this world, it's charming and will win your heart, if you allow it. Without giving too much information, it's wise to understand that not everything is what's appear to be. There is plenty of mystery and magic surrounding Mousewood with plenty to see in a selection of different locations.Filled by imagination and creativity you will encounter puzzles through your journey. Depending on your perception, these can be easy to medium difficulty while others may take some time to understand. You will have to meet new people, do some favours, help others, gather materials and much more in order to advance the Story. While advancing through the game you will listen the amazing soundtrack that makes a nice companion. It's already easy for you to fall in the story due the charm of the art style but music always played an important role in these types of games and it's great to see that such role was not ignored during the creation of the game.While playing the game, enjoying the scenery, listening to the music, narration and other character's stories it took me about 14 hours -give or take- to finish the game. Not once I felt the rush or need to end the story in a quick session or two. It's a pleasant game to play in a very calm and relaxed environment that will leave you stuck to your monitor until the very end. If you are like me, I do enjoy to play certain games during certain seasons of the year. With Autumn coming soon and then Winter, The Night of the Rabbit is the perfect fit to play after a long tiresome day or during that rainy, cold afternoon while having some warm coffee or tea by your side to keep you warm. I know it may seem odd, but having a nice surrounding while playing some games can make the immersion even bigger (and better) and this is something important while playing any type of game. If you are a fan of point and click games, intriguing stories and astonishing visuals thanks to a well drawn art style, then this may be the game for you. It's a game telling a story, a game that asks the player not to see a journey but to go with it and tag along as you play Jerry, the main character.
Was this review helpful?
The Night of the Rabbit is phenomenal. A great story, beautiful music, hand drawn art and clever puzzles, and it all works together perfectly. A near perfect point-and-click adventure experience.Lets start with the music. The first thing you hear when you start the game is a melodious theme that can only be described as the game in music form. It is near indescribable how perfect the main theme is. The rest of the music is also amazing, enhancing the atmosphere of the game, deepening the emotion of various scenes.The hand drawn art is beautiful, has a unique style, and is a perfect medium in which to tell the story of Jerry and his journey into the realm of magic. Visually, the game is very pretty to look at, but it's the attention to detail that truly brings this fantasy realm to life. In addition, the transition from cut-scene to game is near seamless. You almost can't tell you're watching a video.The story is just as mystery filled as you'd expect from a journey into the realm of magic. The intro does a great job of setting the tone of the story, and it carries all the way to the end. Jerry's story is told near perfect, the conclusion of his story is satisfying. But the end is so open, with so many questions remaining, so much left to explore. So many avenues for further adventure. I really hope this game gets a sequel. It truly deserves one, crafted with the same love and dedication.Like all point-and-click adventures, the gameplay is as you would expect. You use the mouse to interact with the environment, the people and objects within. The items you collect are then used to solve a variety of clever puzzles throughout the game. Many of the puzzles are crafty, and even though you can see the solution, there's always another clever obstacle to overcome. The puzzles are very seamless in execution.You can observe all the objects you can interact with by clicking on a magic coin in the inventory (a clever means of integrating a gameplay element into the story). This is a brilliant addition to point-and-click adventure gameplay as it's sometimes easy to miss key items lying around. The only downside is that the coin only shows the interactive elements for a moment, too short to take in everything. You can continuously observe the interactive objects by holding the shortcut key (holding spacebar), but it would have been nice to have the mouse implementation be given some better functionality.There is also a minor bug where you sometimes can't open the inventory by clicking on the backpack. There were only two points in the game where I observed this. The first was after exiting the boat, but going to the title menu and then returning to the game fixes this. The second one is more annoying. At the outpost in the frozen land (and only at this screen), the only way to access the inventory is via the inventory shortcut (pressing I). The mousewheel method of accessing the inventory may still work, but I never used it so I can't say. The bug is a minor annoyance, and to be fair, it's the only bug I encountered throughout the game.The Night of the Rabbit is exceptional. I recommend it to any fan of the adventure genre.
Was this review helpful?
This is Daedalic's true masterpiece and it could possibly be the best p&c adventure game ever made. I can't recommend it highly enough.It gets the atmosphere perfectly... the game's world is absolutely beautiful and the characters are quirky and interesting. The themes are deep and though there is a bittersweet and nostalgic feeling to it in certain ways, the game is fun and lighthearted and it will quickly draw you in to its enchanted world. I only wish more games were this thoughtful and incredibly well done.
Was this review helpful?
I really want to love this game. The it gives a very winnie the pooh-esque vibe that fills me with nostalgia. The characters are adorable and the writing in terms of dialogue is fantastic. This is just not an enjoyable GAME. Mind you, I've played Walking Dead, all of the Monkey Island games, three Ace Attorney
games, All three seasons of the new Sam and Max games, I even played a few Myst titles and Milo. This game has very little understanding of common logic. You grind every piece of furniture and tools in where you wish for it to go. No characters are helpful in terms of advice, some even lie to you about how you are expected to solve certain challenges. What frustrates me is what clues ARE given are just vague enough to drive you crazy. Puzzles like &draw on a rock& in the middle of several areas FULL of rocks can be quite maddening. Or perhaps you have all you need to solve a puzzle with a certain character, but the game refuses to recognize your solution until a certain amount of other events have come to pass elsewhere. Some Point-and-Clicks are quite guilty of this, but never has such a problem stopped me dead in my tracks so utterly. When I played past games and came to a solution, I felt satisfied, happy even. Here, I am frustrated at how much time is lost due to a require psychic understanding of the programmer's problem solving. I will give the game credit: the story is stellar. A very Whovian quality to the intention. I would reccommend watching it. or playing through it with a guide. But this is a very frustrating adventure game. If there was a more straightforward way to offer hints, or if the level design wasn't built to offer misleading soutions, I'd reccommend it. in it's current form: I only say watch it for its story.
Was this review helpful?
Some riddles dont make sense at all and I would say the game itself is not as enjoyable as other DE games. But dont get me wrong, it is still a good adventure worth a recommendation. I just feel like Deponia and Edna Series are far better. On the other hand there is no leprechaun spitting insults like fire in those games. LUL
Wonderful game. Maybe a wee bit slow at the beginning, but definitely one of the best modern graphic adventures. Gorgeous design, charming characters, great music... And if you've played other classic adventure games such as Monkey Island or Grim Fandango, you'll find a couple of interesting references. Totally worth buying
An enjoyable game with wonderful music, charming and likable characters, lovely graphics, delightful voice acting, user friendly controls and features (compared with other Daedelic games) albeit with a few concerns which fortunately, did not detract too seriously from a positive experience.This game was a breath of fresh air after playing other Daedelic games- particularly in terms of the likability of the characters (a highly subjective opinion of course), the user friendly features and the logic of a good protion of its puzzles. There were still a number of puzzles that missed the mark on this count and may cause some frustration. Personally, the world was a charming one and I didn't mind going through it multiple times while trying to figure out what the solution was. Mini games and optional side quests also helped enhance the experience and take attention away from the potential points of frustration (not totally but sufficiently so for me). Did I mention that I really enjoyed the voice acting? I could listen to the woodsprite all day and night.I appreciated the mystery and 'grandeur' of the storyline and script (which can in some cases be seen as taking itself too seriously- but a healthy dose of suspension of belief will cure that) with its fairy tale atmosphere.The inclusion of the Japanese mythological creature was somewhat dissonant and the voice acting and script for those elements felt forced and a little jarring. They felt similar to caricatures that were pummeled into the script for the sake of including them particularly when considered side by side with the other characters. Another concern was that layers of stories, the build up of certain mystery around characters, and hints to potentially moving elements were dealt with almost all at onceat the end of the game in a cutscene. Certain story items were practically mentioned like an afterthought and discarded while too many layers and elements were crammed together. That felt a little unsatisfying in the face of the great story telling up until the finale. All this being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and its story, and would play it again. Thank you very much for the great experience!
Best graphic adventure I played in a long time.Beautiful art, wonderful music, and a captivating story set on a magical world that turn from a cheerful child's fable wonderland to a creepy Lovecraftian nightmare so swiftly you barely even notice.This game is truly an art masterpiece that rivals with any of the great old school Sierra and Lucas Arts classics.If you loved games like Simon the Sorcerer and Hand of Fate, then this game is for you.
The story jerks awkwardly, the proteganist gets on my nerves (and not in a good way like Rufus does), puzzles are often very obvious or very un-obvious, rarely &just right&, story elements are left hanging: The ending tries to bring it all together through a mountain of exposition that would have been better placed in game, and not everything gets resolved: So what did happen to Uli? And apparently we resolved the situation with the crows, but I'm not sure how.
And the environmentalist theme seems haphazerdly shoved in there.Can't recommend.
Cannot recommend this game.
Summary: Pretty, easy to play, overly convoluted story. Better than average but not great.Long version: MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD.This could have been a fantastic game. It could have been sitting in the top charts for the point-and-click adventure genre. There are so many promising ideas in this game, and most of them end up being overkill, overly convoluted, or badly executed.I will preface also by saying that absolutely the BIGGEST issue with this game is the delay in the dialogue pacing. There's a pause between each &action& that a character does, and a character can't speak and also move or go through any non-speaking animation at the same time. This is made considerably worse by the fact that some characters, like the titular Rabbit, punctuate every other line of dialogue with expressions or gestures. So the rabbit's long speeches turn into, line, pause, line, pause, gesture, pause, line, pause, revert to non-gesture pose, pause, line ..... it gets SO ANNOYING and absolutely destroyes any replay value because you do NOT want to sit through those cutscenes a second time. And it's even worse because the game is REALLY well voice-acted and some of the exchanges are actually really interesting. There's a lot of stuff being said that's supposed to make you go &huh& and then go &ohhhhhh& later on, but you end up aggresively clicking through the dialogue because it's so freaking SLOW.Moving on to the game itself.Let's start with interface and mechanics. The simplicity of the interface was pretty good. The inventory system is easy and the controls are intuitive. I loved the tutorial and how it actually kind of fits into the story. But as you go on, it starts getting needlessly complicated. I liked how the holed coin was both an actual useful inventory item and functioned as a hot-spot locator, but then there's also an advice spell that also ends up being actually needed? That's overkill. Then you get items that you're going to use often, so they get their own inventory &slots& for quick access, but other items that you're ALSO going to be pulling up all the time (like the frog clicker) that DON'T get quick access. Sometims combining items auto-closes the inventory window and sometimes it doesn't. The sum total is that it feels really well-designed but then badly executed by multiple game designers who weren't talking to each other.The gameplay itself is middling, as P&C adventure goes. Some of the puzzles are obvious, some of them make the logical part of your brain give up and go on vacation while you click everything on everything. There are enough clever moments to earn a few brownie points. The collectibles are appropriately frustrating, sometimes dropping into &urge to kill& zones (I STILL can't find all the ************** stickers). Oh, and making us play &go fish& 20 times for an achievement? And then turns out one character vanished before I remembered to try to play &go fish& with him so now I have to start a new game to get than achievement? Yeah, **** you, achievements.The cards factor into the other issue that I have with this game, which is the plethora of story elements that are all really interesting on their own but never culminate into a satisfying conclusion. There are SO MANY elements of this game that could have been a game all to themselves, or at least a bigger part of this game. Half the cards are just given to you, but there's a strong emphasis on the cards as a major story theme and representative of the various spells/characters/arcs. Wouldn't it have been more interesting, rewarding, and made more sense to someone trying to collect them all, if the cards were each found somewhere appropriate to the card? Not to mention that the cards as a physical item are never used outside of getting some achievements. What a waste of a theme and a mechanic.OKAY NOW THERE WILL BE MAJOR SPOILERS. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD.So many sub-plots could have been their own game. Just fending off the crows, or dealing with the crows who went &crazy& due to human landfill, could have been it's own (admittedly more preachy) game. The game was so seriously suggesting the idea that everything was fake (including Jerry's &home& and &mom&) that I can't help but suspect a more Whispered World-style plot reveal was once on the storyboard. Come on, red-and-white checkered dressed mom making blackberry pie? All the allusions that went back to Jerry's room, his dislike of the city, his absent father? The whole absent father thing got wrapped up so quickly and deus-ex it might as well not have happened. And the story was BEGGING for Jerry to be revealed either as Zaroff or the Old Magician when he gets older. In fact I was actually deeply disappointed by the fact that Jerry WASN'T Zaroff somehow, because it would have been such a better frame for the whole mentor-apprentice story.Pro tip: if you need a ten minute cutscene at the end of your game to explain the plot, you failed at storytelling.The lizard quartet themelves could have been enough antagonist for a story, they were certainly set up like one. The master-apprentice cycle and the revealing of true selves planting seeds of darkness could have been its own story. The whole thing could have been set in Mousewood and didn't need &other worlds& and portals, but then p it was like Mousewood was supposed to just be the first world but tons of time was spent on it, but someone remembered that traveling between worlds was supposed to be a theme, so they hurriedly stuck some two-screen &other worlds& in without considering universe consistancy. Is Mouseworld a seperate WORLD from ours? Because that's a bit demeaning when we also travel to &Ireland-world& and &Japan-world.& And then we travel to &somewhere in the arctic-world&? What? Why?Why is the Marquis cold? Because he was just a memory or because of what he became? Why? What did he become? What did he do to the moths? What the heck is up with the moth queen bit at the end there? There was supposed to be something dramatic about the fact that the Marquis had eyes like the moths but then that was never explained. We didn't actually fix the crow problem! Why is Mousewood both in the middle of the woods and also there's a tunnel that leads underground to a clearly above-ground house next to a train station IF THE ANSWER IS &MAGIC& THEN AT LEAST SAY SO.And the ending! Bringing everything around full circle to that foggy loop place in the beginning was great. Fantastic. But then that mood was spoiled by Zaroff's show dragging on after it. And then a magic duel that was basically &guess which nail goes with which spell& was so anticlimactic.If you're wondering why the writing of this review is getting less coherent, it's a reflection of how much the story just loses all attempts at coherency, and not in a good way.Now if you'll excuse me I have to boot this up again and go play another dozen games of ******* Go Fish to get the achievement because I'm OCD like that.
Another f**king stupid click-click-click game.
A nice, kind, and beautiful fairy tale adventure. Recommended!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
The Night of the Rabbit
The Night of the Rabbit Premium Edition
Daedalic Adventure Bundle
The Daedalic Armageddon Bundle
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多关于 爱丽丝梦游仙境2字幕 的文章

更多推荐