只需一步,快速开始
查看: 12652|回复: 10
我想说 已经基本告别解锁25块城区了
主题帖子积分
高级玩家, 积分 250, 距离下一级还需 350 积分
Clarification on 25 tile modding | REPOST
Greetings community!
Due to a moderation mishap I'm reposting this thread.
It seems like we've failed in communicating with you, which has created a misunderstanding about how easy it is to mod the game outside the supported 9 tiles. There's a series of things that has let this happen, some from our end and others via YouTubers like Arumba and journalists that attended PDXCON. Alas, when it comes down to it we're to blame here as we have not been clear enough in the difficulty levels of doing such a mod.
* We knew that unlocking more than 9 tiles is possible via modding.
* As details about modding were not public yet, we assumed that possible would not imply easy. This was not the interpretation of most people, community and journalists alike. As we all know, assumption is the mother of all f*ckups.
* An initial reply by Shams in our first AMA 6 months back led users to believe it was a &checkbox& option (this has been previously rectified, though)
* Modding to 25 tiles is possible. It's not easy, it requires skill, but it is possible.
Mariina gave a statement about this yesterday.
&I apologize for the confusion. We at CO have been trying to be very clear on the fact that we do not support bigger map size than the 9 that is offered as default. It is possible to unlock more tiles as co_damsku described in Reddit, which sounds like cracking the game to me, but I'm not a programmer. This is however not easy and again, we at Colossal can't help you with this unfortunately. We feel the 9 map tiles is plenty of room to build the city in and going over that causes multiple issues.
It seems that I have failed in the communication. We were asked if unlocking more than 9 map tiles is possible to which we answered that we will not officially support it as it is dangerous in terms of performance and can cause multiple other issues. But indeed, it it possible yet very very difficult. I believe some people picked only the &it is possible& part, which I should have more actively tried to correct, but I didn't take the time. I'm very sorry for that and any false expectations that have risen due to this.&
Damien, programmer at CO, has this to say.
&Unlocking additional map tiles is not just about increasing the number of tiles available. There is need to deal with the unlocking logic, the indexing, the area limitations, calculating the available resources and most likely many other things I am not thinking about right now. Some of these systems are part of the core foundation of the game and rely on very specific data structures, many of which are not intuitive nor logical in favour of performances. So unlocking more tiles would require to hijack some of those systems to replace them by your own which will deal with the criteria above. So while theoretically possible, in practice it will require some reverse engineering, a bulletproof patience and some pretty intense modding swag.&
Tl;dr: We're very sorry for not being clear enough on this and understand your frustration. This was a mistake in communication from our end. We will strive to better ourselves.
Thank you for reading!
来自paradoxplaza论坛
原文链接:
  哎  表示很伤心啊, 等10号看看  到底视频里的问题解决了多少
主题帖子积分
游戏狂人, 积分 1793, 距离下一级还需 207 积分
解锁9块地就烧配置了,要啥25哈,又不是超级电脑
主题帖子积分
游戏达人, 积分 3133, 距离下一级还需 367 积分
渣翻译下也行啊。。。完全看不懂。。。意思解锁25需要目前的顶配?
主题帖子积分
TES_Fans_No.1 发表于
渣翻译下也行啊。。。完全看不懂。。。意思解锁25需要目前的顶配?
目前的顶配估计也撑不住,9块地才是现实
主题帖子积分
超级玩家, 积分 922, 距离下一级还需 78 积分
超级玩家, 积分 922, 距离下一级还需 78 积分
9块对我来说已经够了
主题帖子积分
高级玩家, 积分 495, 距离下一级还需 105 积分
高级玩家, 积分 495, 距离下一级还需 105 积分
25块就是开玩笑,这种游戏啊,无论多好的家用电脑都很容易撑爆了。
主题帖子积分
还要看人口吧,25块地,然后人口百万?
主题帖子积分
意思就是:25块地是有难度的, 我不是程序员所以我说的东西不算,  后来问了程序员才知道不能做 。。。。
主题帖子积分
超级玩家, 积分 631, 距离下一级还需 369 积分
超级玩家, 积分 631, 距离下一级还需 369 积分
要是能做,电脑早就烧掉了,就算顶配的电脑带起都吃力,按照目前电脑的配置能力来看!
主题帖子积分
游戏狂人, 积分 1134, 距离下一级还需 866 积分
游戏狂人, 积分 1134, 距离下一级还需 866 积分
之前有个视频里提到了,可以用mod解锁25块地,而且硬件在不断进步中,过几年就轻松了。
主题帖子积分
不是那个意思啊, 有25块地也不一定都要建满啊, 再说电脑顶多就是卡呗  还能怎样,  过热自动关机。
就是因为那视频里说mod解锁25块, 现在又出来说不能解锁25块,  所以很伤心