Voice Over LTE 添加3G支持和紧急呼叫特性
阅读 (24310) 评论 (13)
阅读 (21741) 评论 (8)
阅读 (18542) 评论 (19)
阅读 (92759) 评论 (2)
阅读 (63522) 评论 (15)
阅读 (37020) 评论 (21)
Advertisment ad adsense googles cpro.baidu.comVoice and SMS over LTE
We've moved. Come on over and join the conversation at .
Verizon has been making aggressive moves to break out of the CDMA corner.  The first operator to truly drive LTE deployments, the company now covers some . 
LTE is, of course, very high speed, but as we’ve discussed in the past, it is also very low latency.  I believe latency is becoming the most important metric.  Latency is critical for any real-time communications – and particularly voice over IP.  
With near nationwide LTE coverage, over the top (OTT) VoIP providers see Verizon’s network as an ideal platform for actually *replacing* the mobile operator’s core voice service.  
What’s an operator to do?  Verizon could try to ‘out VoIP’ the VoIP providers – innovate faster and create more value quickly than the other guys. 
But I think with their new “Share Everything” plan, they have decided to simply take domestic voice/SMS off the table.  A smartphone ($40/month) or feature phone ($30/month) has a flat ‘connection’ rate ostensibly to access Verizon’s network.  Bundled into that flat rate is unlimited voice and SMS.
This approach is similar to the evolution of consumer voice on the fixed network.  For years consumers bought ‘telephone’ service, which came with a piece of copper into the home. 
Quickly fixed operators stopped selling ‘phone service’ and started selling DSL.  People bought DSL lines (or data access), which includes POTS and the ability to make phone calls.  Quickly POTS was sidelined in favor of Internet access, and voice calls were simply thrown into the mix.  
We're moving beyond voice and message into .  Verizon's move to wrap up voice/messaging into a flat-rate plan is a smart move... for Verizon.  
Back in 2009, as the anticipation for LTE was building, some companies in the mobile industry started a campaign to address a minor, oft-overlooked hole in the migration to LTE – telephony. 
As is well known today, as an all IP packet environment, LTE was intentionally designed to *not* support any of the ‘old’ circuit voice/SMS services.  The idea was to ________ (fill in the blank:  encourage? force?  coerce? incent?) mobile operators to invest in a entirely new, duplicate voice/SMS core infrastructure.  
One group, dreaming of a bucolic, ‘lazy river’ approach to network transformation, created the VoLGA Forum.  The
embraced a pragmatic approach toward evolving to an all IP access network:   harness an existing 3GPP specification to bridge the old circuit voice system onto the new LTE network and giving time for the brand new all-IP voice system to mature. 
And there was a different dream - more dramatic, more pizzazz , more of a ‘leap of faith’.  Leave the old circuit network behind and we'll all jump with full faith onto the new, as yet undefined () system.  
Well, reports are coming back from the , held this week in Barcelona, that perhaps the ‘leap’ is a bit longer than anticipated – a lot longer.  
The problem, of course, is that LTE is actually optimized for VoIP.  And without their own VoIP product, mobile operators are simply encouraging consumers find their own alternative VoIP service.  
&If you haven't built the perfect data network for OTT players, then you have more time,& said Ove Andreasen,director of mobile systems for Danish operator   stated during the LTE event.  &You could argue we're too late now if they stay as strong as they are.&
Looks like we'll have to dream a little longer...
Mobile operators continue to be under incredible financial pressure.  Revenue per minute of voice continues to decline while new over-the-top apps like Pinger and WhatsApp are eroding SMS revenues. 
Meanwhile, mobile data usage is skyrocketing, but as many industry analysts point out, the . 
In short, demand is up while revenue is down.  It sounds like the “Internet Economy” has struck the mobile industry. 
In response, operators are aggressively moving into new technologies like LTE.  The primary driver for moving to LTE is that, as a transport, . 
What other ways can operators wring costs from the network? 
It turns out that , specifically at home and in the office.  Of course, those locations are blanketed with Wi-Fi.  
Today many subscribers are turning to Wi-Fi in the home to supplement their mobile data needs.  Mobile operators are encouraging this behavior with price caps that force consumers to look for Wi-Fi to get their mobile data fix. 
But in this capacity, Wi-Fi isn’t actually adding benefit to the mobile operator’s core network services other than to push subscribers off.  Wi-Fi is still regarded as a dumping ground for mobile data that operators can’t monetize. 
However, Wi-Fi can function as an extension to the macro radio access network, actually boosting the subscriber’s mobile coverage and adding capacity where subscribers need it most – indoors. 
By delivering the same experience between LTE and Wi-Fi, mobile operators can embrace Wi-Fi as a new low-cost RAN, while deriving increased offload benefit and improved customer satisfaction through improved coverage. 
Extending the core ensures subscribers get a consistent experience over Wi-Fi and LTE. 
Rather than dragging Wi-Fi along to carry un-profitable web traffic, mobile operators can harness the technology to become the in-building radio access network – providing a better user experience, particularly indoors, at a lower cost than LTE. 
This week, Kineto announced it now supports the
() in its Smart Wi-Fi client.  Smartphones with the Smart Wi-Fi client will now be able to receive the mobile operator’s voice/SMS service (VoLTE) when attached to Wi-Fi. 
I have always believed LTE and Wi-Fi were two sides of the same coin – both are high-speed, low-latency flat IP networks.  LTE covers the macro/outdoor world, and Wi-Fi is by far the dominant in-building wireless technology.  Marrying the two technologies into a seamless experience delivers a compelling experience for mobile subscribers. 
In the move to LTE, , an IMS/SIP-based voice and SMS profile that replaces (replicates?) the existing circuit voice/SMS services used in GSM/UMTS networks. 
As , ensuring these capabilities are available on LTE is critical.  So extending VoLTE to Wi-Fi just makes sense.
A smartphone at home (or in the office) will want the same high speed experience as the outdoor LTE network, and Wi-Fi, already deployed in &, is ready to deliver. 
This got me thinking:  What, if any, is the role of an ? 
Femtocells, mini base stations designed for home use, .  Yet there is some talk of resurgence as the industry moves to LTE – the logic being that LTE networks will be patchy for the time being, and an LTE femto to boost in-home coverage will help accelerate adoption. 
But let’s consider the role of a 3G femtocell today, and see if it applies to an LTE deployment/subscriber.  A 3G femtocell provides a strong 3G signal in the home, boosting coverage.  But really this amounts to a subscriber having access services that reside in the mobile core network – namely voice & SMS.  Sure there may be mobile data services like MMS, Mobile TV, or Visual Voicemail too, but the bulk of the interest, and revenues, are associated with voice/SMS. 
In the move to LTE, subscribers will still want to make a phone call, so access to voice/SMS is critical.  With Kineto’s Smart Wi-Fi client, smartphones can access VoLTE over Wi-Fi directly, no LTE femtocell needed. 
As for mobile operator data services, many are being adapted to the new ‘all-IP’ world.  Apps are able to directly access mobile data services over any IP network rather than only from within a mobile RAN. 
It seems that Wi-Fi, when paired with VoLTE over Wi-Fi, delivers the same experience as an LTE femtocell.  Access to internet services (Facebook, YouTube) happens directly over Wi-Fi.  And Smart Wi-Fi with VoLTE support delivers calls/texts via Wi-Fi.
Let me know what you think.  Can an smartphone that provides VoLTE over Wi-Fi remove the need for an LTE femtocell?
In the past, I have written about the growing trend of people not making phone calls and the implications for . In fact, a recent PwC study of US post-paid subscribers found the first ever  in 2011. 
Non-verbal 'social-network' communications has become prevalent and popular – think SMS, email, Twitter and Facebook – particularly for the under-30 crowd. 
With mobile operators relying on 60-70% of their revenues from plain old mobile telephony service (POMTS – it doesn’t have the same ring as POTS), the trend away from telephony or even voice is disconcerting. 
But the last company I would think of feeling the pain of this transition is Skype, who has redefined voice communications for the Internet age. 
Yet according to an article in Adweek, Skype is launching a $12 million campaign that “”.  
The ads, initially to be placed in/around London, take aim at the non-verbal SMS /Twitter /Facebook 'conversations' that seem to dominate today.  
Of course Skype is a leader in (mostly free) voice and video conversations.  I think it's ironic that Skype has chosen to spend advertising dollars on these orthogonal 'competitors' rather than going after traditional voice/telephony providers like mobile operators. 
The implication, of course, is that the real threat to a company like Skype isn't other telephony providers, but in fact the general decline in people making calls.  
No wonder Verizon dropped their iconic && ad campaign.  
Pricewaterhouse Cooper has been surveying the US telecom landscape for years.  For the first time . 
Furthermore, the survey finds that, for the first time, mobile voice usage is starting to decline, triggered by the increased penetration of price-sensitive customers and the replacement of voice usage with data services such as text messaging and e-mail. The average minutes of use (MOU) per postpaid subscriber has seen a significant decline, shrinking from 720 MOU per month in 2010 to 638 MOU per month in the 2011 survey.
We all know that non-verbal “social-media” communications is on the rise – SMS, email, Twitter, Facebook.  Now it’s actually starting to take a toll on voice minutes and revenues. 
What are the implications for an ?
Yes, the feared &Double Whammy&.  It’s a technical term.  
There are two things set to impact the investment in IMS-based voice over LTE.  
One item is an undisputed truth, the revenue per minute of voice continues its interminable slide towards rock-bottom.  As industry pundit
posted the other day:
“The growing elephant in the room is the growing realization in the industry that mobile voice telephony revenues are declining.”  
The point, from Dean’s perspective, is that it will be nearly impossible to find a return on investment for a massive new IMS/VoIP system.  As he concludes to eloquently:
“What operator will want to invest in more expensive technology in order to provide a worse service in a declining market?”  
Whammy #1.
Whammy #2 is one I don’t think gets the attention it deserves – namely that the generation of people, but particularly those under 30, would much rather text, email, Facebook, whatever… with their smartphone than actually make a phone call.   
To make the point, recently released its
on US mobile habits.    
Across all age-groups/gender, the average number of voice minutes/month decreased 12% between 2009 and 2011. 
In the same timeframe, the average texts/month increased 35% and 44% for woman and men respectively. 
Perhaps adding insult to injury, the word “voice” didn’t even appear in the Nielsen report until page 24!  
Maybe it's just not that interesting any more.  The first 23 pages were filled with statistics about all the great over-the-top apps people use religiously. 
As we head into the &buying season& also known as Christmas, there's no doubt mobile products/services are going to be big sellers.  
Verizon is maintaining a commanding lead in the US LTE market and the global market in general.  Just last week, analyst firm
that Verizon had an estimated 60% of the total LTE subscribers worldwide with 3.1m.  
It sounds like LTE is compelling for Verizon's subscribers.  So I was a bit surprised when I heard an ad saying LTE was on sale at Verizon:  
To be fair, it's just a little sale, a holiday promotion where new subscribers can get 2x the data for the same price.  This got me thinking... if I can get 4GB of data/month for $30 on LTE, what does that cost on their 'old' 3G (EV-DO) network.  Hummm...
as of Dec 2, 2011:
2Gb -&  $30
5Gb -&  $50
10Gb -&$80
LTE data is 50% off.  But wait... I thought LTE was compelling, super fast, wonderful, why would it be 50% the price of EV-DO? 
Verizon's LTE is available in ~130 markets in the US, whereas AT&T has 'launched' service in 15, so they can't be facing competitive pressures.  
I will posit one of the problems is battery performance.  Verizon's 'dual radio' approach to addressing the voice over LTE problem is sucking electrons... fast.  This was a known and acknowledged problem associated with a .  I wonder if
will do a better job of inspiring consumer confidence.
About two years ago, Kineto published an analysis of CS Fallback and, among other things, came to the conclusion that call setup times would be about 50% longer than a ‘standard’ UMTS call setup times.  
Kudos to Zahid over at 3 for recognizing the problem.
It will be interesting to see customer acceptance of CS Fallback devices when they are finally introduced into the market.  
In a very un-shocking piece of news, Verizon announced that their new .
Basically there's no compatibility between the CDMA network which Verizon uses today to carry hundred of millions if not billions of voice minutes, and it's new VoLTE voice network.  Verizon is building an entirely new voice network, and is struggling to find a way to make the old and new compatible.  
Of course a VoLGA solution supports seamless call handover to/from the existing GSM/3G networks.  It did almost two years ago.  
Is this causing a fragment in Verizon's market???
Get these posts in email:Delivered byFido VoLTE (Voice over LTE) | Fido Support
fido/content
[Akamai-Origin-Hop] = [2]
[Accept] = [*/*]
[X-Curl] = [Baiduspider]
[User-Agent] = [Mozilla/5.0 (compatible, MSIE 11, Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko]
[Referer] = [https://www.baidu.com/s?wd=]
[Connection] = [Keep-Alive]
[Host] = [www.fido.ca]
[Pragma] = [no-cache]
[Accept-Encoding] = [gzip]
[x-dtinit] = [true]
[X-WebLogic-Force-JVMID] = [-]
[True-Client-IP] = [221.228.166.118]
[Via] = [1.1 v1-akamaitech.net(ghost) (AkamaiGHost), 1.1 akamai.net(ghost) (AkamaiGHost)]
[X-Akamai-Edgescape] = [georegion=47,country_code=CN,region_code=JS,city=NANJING,lat=32.06,long=118.78,timezone=GMT+8,continent=AS,throughput=vhigh,bw=5000,network=chinanet,asnum=4134,location_id=0]
[X-dynaTrace] = [FW1;;;]
[TE] = [q=1.0]
[X-Akamai-CONFIG-LOG-DETAIL] = [true]
[X-WebLogic-KeepAliveSecs] = [30]
[Cache-Control] = [no-cache, max-age=0]
[Proxy-Client-IP] = [221.228.166.118, 65.152.2.46]
[X-dynaTrace-Application] = [Fido.ca]
[X-Forwarded-For] = [221.228.166.118, 65.152.2.46]
fido-volte
Get Curious
getcurious
Get Curious CBM
getcurious_cbm
setLanguage
Tablets Plan
Tablets Plan
tablets_plan
setLanguage
setLanguage
iphone compare
iphone compare
iphone_compare
setLanguage
HOME INTERNET
/homeinternet
promotions
Get Curious FAQ
getcurious_faq
Store Locator
Store Locator
storelocator
MY ACCOUNT
easyloginriverpage
/pages/#/logout
/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ShoppingCart
/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=fido_search&Ntt=
signin-interceptor
&li class="visible-xs"&&a href="/consumer/storelocator"&FIND A STORE&/a&&/li&
&li class="visible-xs"&&a href="/consumer/storelocator"&TROUVER UN MAGASIN&/a&&/li&
&li id="shopcart"&&a title="Shopping cart" href="/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ShoppingCart" data-count="$itemsInCart$"&&i class="rui-icon-cart"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&shopping cart&/span&&/a&&/li&
&li id="search"&&a title="Search" href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-typeahead"&&i class="rui-icon-search"&&/i& Search&/a&&/li&
&li id="shopcart"&&a title="Shopping cart" href="/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ShoppingCart" data-count="$itemsInCart$"&&i class="rui-icon-cart"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&shopping cart&/span&&/a&&/li&
&li id="search"&&a title="Search" href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-typeahead"&&i class="rui-icon-search"&&/i& Recherche&/a&&/li&
&div id="shopcart-mob"&&a title="Shopping cart" href="/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ShoppingCart" data-count="$itemsInCart$"&&i class="rui-icon-cart"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&shopping cart&/span&&/a&&/div&
&div id="search-mob"&&a title="Search" href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-typeahead"&&i class="rui-icon-search"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&search&/span&&/a&&/div&
&div id="shopcart-mob"&&a title="Shopping cart" href="/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ShoppingCart" data-count="$itemsInCart$"&&i class="rui-icon-cart"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&shopping cart&/span&&/a&&/div&
&div id="search-mob"&&a title="Search" href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal-typeahead"&&i class="rui-icon-search"&&/i&&span class="sr-only"&Recherche&/span&&/a&&/div&
/consumer/sitemap
Skip to main content
/web/content/accessibility
Skip to site map
Login / Register
#skipNavigation
Fido homepage
Skip to accessibility services
Select a Province
We noticed that you're not using the latest version of your browser.
You'll still be able to use our site, but it might not work or look the way it's supposed to. We recommend upgrading your browser.
We noticed that you're not using the latest version of your browser.
You'll still be able to use our site, but it might not work or look the way it's supposed to. We recommend upgrading your browser.
If you're unable to download the latest version of Internet Explorer, please ensure you have compatibility view turned off.
How to disable compatibility view
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the Tools menu (you may have to press Alt to bring up the menu).
If the Compatibility View box is checked, click to remove checkmark.
Click Tools again.
Select Compatibility View Settings.
Make sure "rogers.com" is not listed under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View."
Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
Go to rogers.com.
fido/content
component.search.search.
[Accept] = [*/*]
[X-Curl] = [Baiduspider]
[User-Agent] = [Mozilla/5.0 (compatible, MSIE 11, Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko]
[Host] = [www.fido.ca]
[Pragma] = [no-cache]
[x-dtinit] = [true]
[Via] = [1.1 v1-akamaitech.net(ghost) (AkamaiGHost), 1.1 akamai.net(ghost) (AkamaiGHost)]
[X-Akamai-Edgescape] = [georegion=47,country_code=CN,region_code=JS,city=NANJING,lat=32.06,long=118.78,timezone=GMT+8,continent=AS,throughput=vhigh,bw=5000,network=chinanet,asnum=4134,location_id=0]
[X-dynaTrace] = [FW1;;;]
[TE] = [q=1.0]
fido-volte
Missing required field(s) in component.
results for
Enter your question here
/consumer/search
/assembler/json/pages/typeahead/supportEN?Ntk=support1
Quick Links
Related Searches
Need a hand?
/consumer/support/search
/assembler/json/pages/typeahead/globalEN?Ntk=global1
Ask us a question...
Enter your question here
com.rogers.livesite.controller.form.EmailArticleFormController
sendEmailArticle
fido/content
component.support.content.article.
[Accept] = [*/*]
[X-Curl] = [Baiduspider]
[Host] = [www.fido.ca]
[Pragma] = [no-cache]
[x-dtinit] = [true]
[X-dynaTrace] = [FW1;;;]
[TE] = [q=1.0]
fido-volte
Missing required field(s) in component.
As you requested, here is the article you asked for.
Thank you!
We appreciate your feedback
Was this article helpful?
SEND EMAIL
You've been sent an article from Fido.ca.
Email Article:
people found this helpful.
/default/main/internet/fido/WORKAREA/common
site/support
templatedata/site/support/data/mobile/fido-volte
/default/main/internet/fido/STAGING
/default/main/internet/fido
fido-volte
/default/main/internet/fido/WORKAREA/common/templatedata/site/support/data/mobile/fido-volte
templatedata/site/support/data/mobile/fido-volte
fido-volte
ab, bc, mb, nb, nl, ns, nt, nu, on, pe, qc, sk, yt
CoverageTravel
prepaid, regular
customer_care
NetworkCoverage
apple, lg, samsung
gStylo, galaxyS6edge, galaxyS6
Fido VoLTE (Voice over LTE)
| Fido Support
Fido VoLTE (Voice over LTE) — Crisp HD video calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network!
Fido VoLTE
(Voice over LTE)
&div class="intro"&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Fido VoLTE (Voice over LTE) & Crisp HD video calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network!&/h3&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Overview&/h3&
&div class="faq-container"&
&div class="faq-question"&
&h3&What is VoLTE?&/h3&
&span class="action"& &em class="rui-icon-plus"&&/em& &/span&&/div&
&div id="answer1" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is a way to make crisp High Definition voice and video calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network without having to use a separate video calling app. &br /&&br /&With VoLTE, you can:
&li&Make and receive crisp High Definition voice and video calls to and from other VoLTE-compatible phones.&/li&
&li&Enjoy a faster connection over the Fido LTE network on all your voice and video calls so you won&t miss a beat.&/li&
&h3&Will I notice a difference if I&m using VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer2" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&For sure! If you like chatting face-to-face, then you&ll love VoLTE. It connects in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network, sounds clear and natural, and the High Definition video is super crisp.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Eligibility&/h3&
&h3&What do I need to have in order to use VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer3" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&All Fido customers on postpaid plans with a VoLTE-compatible phone can take advantage of it anywhere on the Fido LTE network!&/p&
&h3&Which phones are compatible with VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer4" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&To see if your device is compatible with VoLTE, check out the &Network and Wireless Connection& section of your device&s technical specifications at &a href="http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list"&www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list&/a&.&/p&
&h3&Do I need to do anything to enjoy VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer5" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&To hook up VoLTE on any compatible phone, you&ll need to do a software update. Just note that the services below will get in the way of setting up VoLTE successfully.&/p&
&li&Ring Back&/li&
&li&Data Blocking &/li&
&li&Equal Access&/li&
&p&If you&d like to remove any of these services from your account so you can have VoLTE up and running, just log in to &a href="/myaccount"&fido.ca/myaccount&/a& and a LiveChat representative will be able to remove the conflicting services. You can also get in touch with a representative by calling 611 from your Fido or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Coverage&/h3&
&h3&Where can I use VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer6" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&As long as you&re connected to the Fido LTE network and you have a VoLTE-compatible phone, you&ll have access to VoLTE while in Canada. At the moment, VoLTE is not available to Fido customers in Northwestern Ontario or in extended coverage areas.&/p&
&h3&Can I use VoLTE when I am roaming outside of Canada?&/h3&
&div id="answer7" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&No. Right now, VoLTE is only available to Fido customers when they&re on the Fido LTE network.&/p&
&h3&What happens if I make a voice or video call in an area where there is only HSPA or EDGE network coverage?&/h3&
&div id="answer8" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Rest assured, you&ll still be able to make a call, but it&ll be like a traditional voice call.&/p&
&h3&What happens if I make a voice or video call while in an extended coverage area?&/h3&
&div id="answer9" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&VoLTE won&t be available while in an extended coverage area. You&re still going to be able to make a call, but it&ll be like a traditional voice call.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Billing&/h3&
&h3&Do I have to pay for using VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer10" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&If you&re on a &strong&Fido Pulse&/strong&&span class="tm7"&TM&/span& plan, you&ll have unlimited Canada-wide VoLTE video calling. If you aren&t on a Fido Pulse plan, you&ll be charged $0.35/minute for Canadian long-distance VoLTE video calls (local VoLTE video calls are included).&/p&
&h3&Who can I make another VoLTE video call to?&/h3&
&div id="answer11" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&VoLTE video calls can be made to any Fido or Rogers customer with a VoLTE compatible phone just as long as they&re connected to the Fido or Rogers LTE network.&/p&
&h3&Do I need a data plan to make a VoLTE video call?&/h3&
&div id="answer12" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Data plans aren&t required to complete VoLTE video calls. Making a VoLTE video call won&t use up any of your data.&/p&
Fido VoLTE
LTE network
Fido VoLTE
(Voix sur LTE) | Fido Soutien
Fido VoLTE (Voix sur LTE) – Des appels vidéo clairs et nets qui sont acheminés en un clin d’oeil sur le réseau LTE de Fido!
Fido VoLTE
(Voix sur LTE)
&div class="intro"&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Fido VoLTE (Voix sur LTE) & Des appels vid&o clairs et nets qui sont achemin&s en un clin d&&il sur le r&seau LTE de Fido!&/h3&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Survol&/h3&
&h3&Qu&est-ce que VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer1" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&VoLTE (Voix sur LTE) est une fa&on de faire des appels vocaux et vid&o clairs et nets en haute d&finition, qui sont achemin&s en un clin d&&il sur le r&seau LTE de Fido sans utiliser une autre appli pour les appels vid&o.&/p&
&p&Avec VoLTE, vous pouvez :&/p&
&li&Effectuer et recevoir des appels vocaux et vid&o clairs et nets en haute d&finition & partir de t&l&phones compatibles VoLTE.&/li&
&li&Profiter d&une connexion plus rapide sur le r&seau LTE de Fido lors de tous vos appels vocaux et vid&o. Vous ne passerez & c&t& de rien!&/li&
&h3&Est-ce que je remarquerai une diff&rence en utilisant VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer2" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&C&est certain! Si vous aimez parler face & face, vous adorerez VoLTE. &Ca se connecte en un clin d&&il au r&seau LTE de Fido, avec une sonorit& nette et naturelle, et la haute d&finition est ultraclaire.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Admissibilit&&/h3&
&h3&Qu&est-ce qu&il me faut pour utiliser VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer3" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Tous les clients de Fido avec un forfait mensuel et un t&l&phone compatible VoLTE peuvent en profiter partout sur le r&seau LTE de Fido.&/p&
&h3&Quels sont les t&l&phones compatibles VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer4" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Pour savoir si votre appareil est compatible avec le service VoLTE, consultez & R&seaux et connexions sans fil & dans la section des caract&ristiques de l&appareil & &a href="http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list?setLanguage=fr"&www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list&/a&.&/p&
&h3&Est-ce que j&ai besoin de faire quoi que ce soit pour en profiter?&/h3&
&div id="answer5" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Pour ajouter VoLTE sur d&autres t&l&phones compatibles, vous devrez faire une mise & jour du logiciel. Notez que les services ci-dessous pourraient nuire & la bonne configuration du VoLTE:&/p&
&li&Tonalit&s&/li&
&li&Blocage de donn&es&/li&
&li&&Egalit& d&acc&s&/li&
&p&Si vous d&sirez &ter l&un de ces services de votre compte pour pouvoir utiliser VoLTE, il vous suffit de vous connecter & fido.ca/moncompte et un repr&sentant du clavardage pourra enlever les services nuisant & VoLTE. Vous pouvez aussi communiquer avec un repr&sentant en composant le 611 de votre Fido ou le 1-888-481-3436 de n&importe quel t&l&phone.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Couverture&/h3&
&h3&O& est-ce que je peux utiliser VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer6" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Tous les clients de Fido avec un forfait mensuel et un t&l&phone compatible VoLTE peuvent en profiter partout sur le r&seau LTE de Fido.&/p&
&h3&Est-ce que je peux utiliser VoLTE lorsque je suis en itin&rance & l&ext&rieur du Canada?&/h3&
&div id="answer7" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Non. &A l&heure actuelle, VoLTE est seulement offert aux clients de Fido lorsqu&ils sont & l&int&rieur du r&seau LTE de Fido.&/p&
&h3&Que se passe-t-il lorsque je fais un appel vocal ou vid&o dans une zone o& il n&y a qu&une couverture r&seau HSPA ou EDGE?&/h3&
&div id="answer8" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Ne vous en faites pas, vous pourrez toujours faire un appel, mais ce sera un bon vieil appel vocal.&/p&
&h3&Que se passe-t-il si je veux faire un appel vocal ou vid&o dans une zone de couverture &tendue?&/h3&
&div id="answer9" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&VoLTE n&est pas offert dans les zones de couverture &tendue. Vous pourrez toujours faire un appel, mais ce sera un bon vieil appel vocal.&/p&
&h3 class="cufonbold"&Facturation&/h3&
&h3&Est-ce que je dois payer pour utiliser VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer10" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Si vous avez un forfait Branch&&sup&MC&/sup&, vous aurez les appels vid&o VoLTE partout au Canada. Si vous n&avez pas de forfait Branch&, un montant de 0,35 $/minute vous sera factur& pour les appels vid&o VoLTE interurbains au Canada (les appels vid&o VoLTE locaux sont compris).&/p&
&h3&Qui peut recevoir mes appels vid&o VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer11" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Les appels vid&o VoLTE peuvent &tre effectu&s entre n&importe quels clients Fido ou Rogers qui ont un t&l&phone compatible VoLTE, tant et aussi longtemps qu&ils sont connect&s au r&seau LTE de Fido ou de Rogers.&/p&
&h3&Est-ce que j&ai besoin d&un forfait de donn&es pour faire un appel vid&o VoLTE?&/h3&
&div id="answer12" class="collapse"&
&div class="faq-answer"&
&p&Les forfait de donn&es ne sont pas n&cessaires pour faire un appel vid&o VoLTE. Faire un appel vid&o VoLTE n&utilisera pas vos donn&es.&/p&
Voix sur LTE
Fido VoLTE
6LfFoRATAAAAAF4k8pYifmzO12cKXzERsY-nUGdh
URL: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-volte
Fido VoLTE
(Voice over LTE)
Fido VoLTE (Voice over LTE) & Crisp HD video calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network!
What is VoLTE?
VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is a way to make crisp High Definition voice and video calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network without having to use a separate video calling app. With VoLTE, you can:
Make and receive crisp High Definition voice and video calls to and from other VoLTE-compatible phones.
Enjoy a faster connection over the Fido LTE network on all your voice and video calls so you won&t miss a beat.
Will I notice a difference if I&m using VoLTE?
For sure! If you like chatting face-to-face, then you&ll love VoLTE. It connects in the blink of an eye over the Fido LTE network, sounds clear and natural, and the High Definition video is super crisp.
Eligibility
What do I need to have in order to use VoLTE?
All Fido customers on postpaid plans with a VoLTE-compatible phone can take advantage of it anywhere on the Fido LTE network!
Which phones are compatible with VoLTE?
To see if your device is compatible with VoLTE, check out the &Network and Wireless Connection& section of your device&s technical specifications at .
Do I need to do anything to enjoy VoLTE?
To hook up VoLTE on any compatible phone, you&ll need to do a software update. Just note that the services below will get in the way of setting up VoLTE successfully.
Data Blocking
Equal Access
If you&d like to remove any of these services from your account so you can have VoLTE up and running, just log in to
and a LiveChat representative will be able to remove the conflicting services. You can also get in touch with a representative by calling 611 from your Fido or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone.
Where can I use VoLTE?
As long as you&re connected to the Fido LTE network and you have a VoLTE-compatible phone, you&ll have access to VoLTE while in Canada. At the moment, VoLTE is not available to Fido customers in Northwestern Ontario or in extended coverage areas.
Can I use VoLTE when I am roaming outside of Canada?
No. Right now, VoLTE is only available to Fido customers when they&re on the Fido LTE network.
What happens if I make a voice or video call in an area where there is only HSPA or EDGE network coverage?
Rest assured, you&ll still be able to make a call, but it&ll be like a traditional voice call.
What happens if I make a voice or video call while in an extended coverage area?
VoLTE won&t be available while in an extended coverage area. You&re still going to be able to make a call, but it&ll be like a traditional voice call.
Do I have to pay for using VoLTE?
If you&re on a Fido PulseTM plan, you&ll have unlimited Canada-wide VoLTE video calling. If you aren&t on a Fido Pulse plan, you&ll be charged $0.35/minute for Canadian long-distance VoLTE video calls (local VoLTE video calls are included).
Who can I make another VoLTE video call to?
VoLTE video calls can be made to any Fido or Rogers customer with a VoLTE compatible phone just as long as they&re connected to the Fido or Rogers LTE network.
Do I need a data plan to make a VoLTE video call?
Data plans aren&t required to complete VoLTE video calls. Making a VoLTE video call won&t use up any of your data.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you!
We appreciate your feedback
URL: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-volte
fido/content
[Accept] = [*/*]
[X-Curl] = [Baiduspider]
[Host] = [www.fido.ca]
[Pragma] = [no-cache]
[x-dtinit] = [true]
[X-dynaTrace] = [FW1;;;]
[TE] = [q=1.0]
fido-volte
PC#1-#|session#b992cfd4c80c17c0f5b9e#
gpv=126&apv_58_www34=128&cpv_58_www34=128&rpv_58_www34=123&ckp=tld&dm=fido.ca
aHR0cHM6Ly9kbXowMS5hcHAuY2xpY2t0YWxlLmNvbS9QbGF5ZXIuYXNweD9QSUQ9NTgmVUlEPTE3OTE5ODc4MjA2MDk3NDEmU0lEPTE3OTE5ODg3NTY3MDk1Mzc=
aam_dfp%3DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
sas_segments%3D613368
-CMCIDTS%7C17764%7CMCMID%7C56%7CMCAAMLH-%7C7%7CMCAAMB-%7CRKhpRz8krg2tLO6pguXWp5olkAcUniQYPHaMWWgdJ3xzPWQmdj0y%7CMCOPTOUT-s%7CNONE%7CMCAID%7CNONE%7CvVersion%7C3.1.2%7CMCCIDH%7C-%7CMCSYNCSOP%7C411-17771
5b7ab0be04ded3f3000
sas_segments%3D613368
33%7C30%2C40%7C31%2C26%7C32%2C30%7C33%2C3%7C34
oeu2r0.3088
%7B%%22%3A%22direct%22%2C%%22%3A%22none%22%2C%%22%3A%22gc%22%2C%%22%3A%22true%22%7D
a2-11e8-9f5c-a54cf815abe0
&div id="modal-search"&
&form id="modal-search" method="GET" type="external" action="/consumer/search" autocomplete="off" data-ng-controller="typeAheadCtrl"
data-config-service="/assembler/json/pages/typeahead/globalEN?Ntk=global1"&
type="text"
placeholder="Ask us a question…"
data-ng-model="criteria" title="Ask us a question…" /&
&div class="rui-searchbox-submit"&
&i class="rui-icon-search"&&/i&
&input type="submit" value="Search" /&
&div class="rui-ngtypeahead"&
&h4 data-ng-if="results.links.length & 0"&Related Searches&/h4&
&ul class="links"&
&li data-ng-repeat="link in results.links track by $index"&
&a href="{{urls.search + '?q=' + link.label}}" alt="{{link.label}}"&{{link.label}}&/a&
&h4 data-ng-if="results.quicklinks.length & 0"&Quick Links&/h4&
&ul class="related"&
&li data-ng-repeat="link in results.quicklinks track by $index"&
&a href="{{link.properties.URL}}" alt="{{link.label}}"&
&i class="{{ 'rui-icon-' + link.properties.icon }}" data-ng-if="link.properties.icon" /&
&img data-ng-src="{{link.properties.imageURL}}"
data-ng-if="link.properties.imageURL"/&
&span data-ng-bind-html="link.label | to_trusted"&&/span&
Good news!
Postal code
is available at
Please enter a postal code.
Already have Rogers?
is not available at
global search
Check another postal code
What are you looking for?
/web/link/signin
An error has occurred!
Please enter a valid postal code.
We're sorry!
Already Have Rogers
Enter your postal code to check availability in your area.
New to Rogers
There was an issue checking availability. Please try again later.
Activate Your Fido
/web/page/portal/Fido/activation_land
/web/content/aboutus
/web/content/careers
Privacy & Terms
Privacy & Terms
/web/content/terms/privacy_policy
Ad Choices
/consumer/terms/use-of-website-policy#adchoices
Community Forums
http://forums.fido.ca/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/EnglishCommunity
Accessibility Services
/web/content/accessibility/relay_services
CRTC Wireless Code
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t15.htm
/web/content/sitemap
Unsubscribe
Unsubscribe
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/unsubscribe?setLanguage=en
&div class="social-media"&
&div class="contact-us"&
&div class="contact-us-links" id="contact-us-link"&
&a href="/web/page/portal/Fido/GCT_ContactUs" atm="footer:Store Locator"&
&i class="rui-icon-call"&&/i&
&span class="contact-us-label"&Contact Us&/span&
&div class="contact-us-links" id="find-a-store"&
&a href="/web/page/portal/Fido/StoreLocator" atm="footer:Contact Us"&
&i class="rui-icon-locator"&&/i&
&span class="contact-us-label"&Store Locator&/span&
&div id="feedback-mobile-holder"&&/div&
&span&Follow:&/span&
&li&&a href="https://www.facebook.com/fidomobile" aria-label="Follow us on Facebook" class="facebook" target="_blank"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-facebook"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://twitter.com/Fidomobile" aria-label="Follow us on Twitter" class="twitter"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-twitter"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://plus.google.com/+fido/posts" aria-label="Follow us on Google Plus" class="google"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-gplus"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://www.youtube.com/user/fidomobile" aria-label="Follow us on YouTube" class="youtube"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-youtube"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://instagram.com/fidomobile" aria-label="Follow us on Instagram" class="instagram"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-instagram"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&div class="social-media"&
&div class="contact-us"&
&div class="contact-us-links" id="contact-us-link"&
&a href="/web/page/portal/Fido/GCT_ContactUs" atm="footer:Contactez-nous"&
&i class="rui-icon-call"&&/i&
&span class="contact-us-label"&Contactez-nous&/span&
&div class="contact-us-links" id="find-a-store"&
&a href="/web/page/portal/Fido/StoreLocator" atm="footer:Points de vente"&
&i class="rui-icon-locator"&&/i&
&span class="contact-us-label"&Points de vente&/span&
&div id="feedback-mobile-holder"&&/div&
&span&Suivre:&/span&
&li&&a href="https://www.facebook.com/fidomobile" aria-label="Suivez-nous sur Facebook" class="facebook" target="_blank"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-facebook"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://twitter.com/Fidomobile" aria-label="Suivez-nous sur Twitter" class="twitter"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-twitter"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://plus.google.com/+fido/posts" aria-label="Suivez-nous sur Google Plus" class="google"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-gplus"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://www.youtube.com/user/fidomobile" aria-label="Suivez-nous sur YouTube" class="youtube"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-youtube"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
&li&&a href="https://instagram.com/fidomobile" aria-label="Suivez-nous sur Instagram" class="instagram"&&i aria-hidden="true" class="rui-icon-instagram"&&/i&&/a&&/li&
& 1996 - 2018 Fido Solutions
& 1996 - 2018 Fido Solutions
/cms/fido/css/img/preloader.gif
! Please enter a postal code.
! Please enter a valid postal code.
! There was an issue checking availability. Please try again later.
is not available at
is available at
New to Rogers
Already have Rogers?}

我要回帖

更多关于 黑莓手机在中国能用吗 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信