OTA后显示OEM NVbackup是啥情况

8 Well I opened another line
on my account. Got another
S3 today. &Dx94 (quote)
Updated app in
my thread will do data
restore and IMEI &Peoplearmy3 (quote) Smh.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2&:GeeK:& OP3 Here is a direct link for
the v1.4.6.0 drivers:
Sent from my &&:GeeK:& OP3 (quote)
RF NV Item
Manager should not be used
to make backups &Peoplearmy
Analysis & Opinion
Top Forum Discussions
[TOOL/GUIDE] Full NV Backup and Restore [SIMPLE] [08-03-2012]
This is a simple and easy way to backup and restore your GS3's COMPLETE NV items which hold your IMEI, IMSI, Data settings and much more!
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download NV reader/writer
and install
2) Dial *#7284# and select &Qualcomm USB Settings& then check &RMNET + DM + MODEM&.
*If you are running a aosp rom (cm9,cm10,aokp etc) you can use the diag method described
3) Create backup.
a) Click &port& in the top left and select your samsung serial port.
b) Make sure BOTH boxes in the top bar are checked.
c) Click &Connect& in the top bar.
d) Click &Read& in the top bar.
e) Click &Read& in the lower 'NV-items' section.
f) Save the .txt file, this is your backup
*The process will take 5-10min. The file size will be roughly 3mb and &inactive item& and &bad parameter& sections are normal.
*To restore click &Write& in the lower 'NV-items' section and navigate to your backup file.
4) Dial *#7284# and select &Qualcomm USB Settings& then check &MTP + ADB&.
Demonstration video
&& Thanks to moonfire for the video.
IMEI ALREADY CORRUPT?
custom built tool to easily generate a
backup file with your properly formatted IMEI to restore your phone!
1) Enter your IMEI (find it behind your battery) in the text box up top, hit generate then hit save.
2) Use &NV-Item reader writer& to write the saved text file back to your phone and then reboot.
Peoplearmy
GerardAnthony
Time and money have been invested into this project so donations are appreciated.
Donations:
ATTENTION: I need a copy of someones full backup. Requirements are that you never flashed an AOSP rom (CM9, CM10, AOKP) and that your SGS3 is T-mobile. I need this to work on the data issue!
Update: The data issue is still being worked on and some progress has been made but there is still not a solid easy fix. IF YOU MADE A BACKUP THEN GOT THE DATA BUG, PLEASE MAKE A SECOND BACKUP SO THAT I CAN COMPARE THE BEFORE/AFTER!
Last edited by &:GeeK:&; 10th January 2014 at .
great work!!!! thanks for your contribution~
very nice!
Is this for real? If it is then SWEET!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-Spaceshiplll using xda premium
Crest Hill
My Devices: , ,
I post question on T-mobile sectrion ... hre is my answer for one of question Second was do i need unsecre kernel tothis too work?
Maine, USA
Almost seems too simple, amazing work.
I have a fully stock att s3 and unable to write back to phone. Anyone can help with a pointer or two? I can read from phone but unable to write back. Also right before it write back to phone I do notice it shows offline for a quick second but does state it has successful wrote to phone.
Great job! Nice and easy and quick!
Bowling Green
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz
I have a fully stock att s3 and unable to write back to phone. Anyone can help with a pointer or two? I can read from phone but unable to write back. Also right before it write back to phone I do notice it shows offline for a quick second but does state it has successful wrote to phone.
Why are you trying this on a bone stock phone? Did you lose your imei?
Has anybody restored a backup and worked?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz
If you are trying to write something other than your stock IMEI it will not work. Also, make sure you have both of the boxes checked before you hit the read button at the top so that is sends the 000000 security code to the phone and unlocks it.
*when i say unlock i do not mean carrier unlock, so dont get exited people.
Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Search this Thread:
Linear Mode
-- XDA Classic
-- XDA 2010
-- XDA 2013
---- XDA 2013 Beta - 1024
-- XDA 2015
---- 2015 - Dark Theme
');}else if(xda_ad_choice=="sortable"){document.write('\x3Cscript src="//tags-/a/.js" async >\x3C/script>');document.write('');(deployads=window.deployads||[]).push({});}}
We're SocialJavascript Disabled Detected
You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.
[RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET]
Started by
Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic
MANY THANKS TO REV FOR RE-WRITING THIS FOR ME, and allowing me to mirror this on Slatedroid!(Post was updated on 4/22/2011)=======================================04/22/2011 EDIT
-- I've built out both 1.1-3588-based and 1.2-4349 based versions that
have effectively replaced bekit's 1105 image
(&nvflash_gtablet_.zip&) - so I am updating Rev's doc with that information.
We'll be shoring up this documentation more, in the near future.
I updated Rev's documentation a bit.
These new images also have working clockworkmod images that you can optionally install, if you want (see the directions below for instructions).05/08/2011 EDIT -- the 1.2-4349 image has been updated with clockworkmod 3.0.2.8.05/10/2011 EDIT -- Added a second 4349 image, just for HC testers.
It increases the system.img to ~320MB, and reduces the cache partition.
Some users might not want to do that for their Froyo devices, so I made this separate.05/11/2011 EDIT -- Removed the second 4349 image - HC alpha has gotten to the point now where the default image is large enough.06/17/2011 EDIT -- the 1.2-4349 image has been updated with clockworkmod 3.0.2.8 rev5 (this corrects the nandroid backup issues on rev2)=======================================This post is to provide a template for using NVFlash to restore/recover your G-Tablet after suffering some kind of malfunction.
Specifically, this document tries to provide ALL the information you need to use the NVFlash tool to recover the 1.1 and 1.2 based software versions, which has been found to be safe as a starting point for rebuilding your tablet after having a problem.
This post does not include other methods of setting up NVFlash (such as installing the SDK, etc.) because this method is proven and can be easily supported.I use Ubuntu Linux and know that the Linux instructions below are correct.
Others have written Windows instructions and those too have been checked carefully and have been used before successfully.A WARNING IN ADVANCE: NVFlash makes changes to the partition structure of your device. You should tread carefully and understand the risks. The NVFlash setup process begins with a visit to:(Note:
Sometime this DropBox is cranky.
If you have trouble with it, check back later.)Linux users: You want to get &nvflash_linux_.tar.gz& Windows users: You want to get &nvflash_windows_.zip& These are just the OS-specific files for the actual nvflash program itself.
So after retrieving the files you need above, you'd then need to retrieve either the 1.1-based or 1.2-based images, here:1.1-3588 based image:
(updated 4/22/2011)1.2-4349 based image:
(updated 6/17/2011)-------------------------------------------InstallationFirst, create a folder named &NVFlash& on your PC to put the needed files into and to work from. (Note:
You can call it something we're just using &NVFlash& to keep all of us on the same page.)Next, extract the files you downloaded from the DropBox above into the &NVFlash& directory.
The files with linux and windows in the middle of then are the files for setting up NVFlash.
(The are taken from the SDK and do not install the whole SDK -- just a simple, operable NVFlash for us to use here.)
The files with gTablet in the middle contains the .img files with the software to go on your G-Tablet.Third, for Windows users, you'll need to have an APX-specific USB driver for the next steps. (The Windows package bekit supplied has an .inf file in it, but the actual drivers are not there). For Linux users, you don't need an extra driver.One source for the Windows drivers is atFind the &Downloads& tab in the middle of the page and click on &USB System Driver& to get the files.
Extract them and go down two levels to the &USB& folder -- and move that into your &NVFlash& directory.
The USB folder has the .inf file for installation in it along with two other directories with drivers for the various operating systems.
These drivers, which are the same as the drivers in the SDK, are proven to work with Win 7 64-bit and have the setup include to load into other versions of Windows.)
Follow this narrative for actual installation of the drivers.CHECKPOINT:
At this point, you should have the nvflash files, .img files, and USB directory (and files) in your &NVFlash& directory and are ready to begin the recovery process.Now, you will need to boot into G-Tablet APX mode:
hold down the power and volume - button simultaneously until your G-Tab comes up and the goes back to a black screen.
The black screen means it is in APX mode and it is waiting to display the flashing process. In Linux, type &lsusb& in a terminal and you should see this & NVidia Corp.&. 7820 means the device is in APX mode.Connect your G-Tablet to your PC using your miniUSB to USB cable that came with your tablet.Linux users: At this point, open up a command window to the folder you created, and run this script:./nvflash_gtablet.shThis will wipe the device back to bekit's original TnT stock image, except for user data which is retained. Should take about a minute to run and the device will reboot itself automatically. If the script does not work, make sure that the shell script and nvflash binary are set as executables.Windows users:
When you connect to the PC, the PC immediately tries to load a driver -- but since it doesn't know where the USB driver files are it will fail. Click through Start/Control Panel/Device Manager and find &APX& listed in the devices with a yellow &!& (exclamation point) on the icon. Select the APX item and find the &Update Driver& button and click it. When it asks where to search, choose the local computer manual selection choice and tell it to Browse.Point the Browse (and the USB install) at the &USB& directory under the &NVFlash& folder.
When pointed at the &USB& directory, the driver installed and I was ready to nvflash. If you go back to Device Manager after the Windows install has completed, it will show the nVidia USB drivers near the top of the USB device list.Again, for Windows:
Run this script which is in the &NVFlash& folder:nvflash_gtablet.batThis will wipe the device back to bekit's original TnT stock image except for user data, which is retained. Should take about a minute to run and the device will reboot itself automatically all the way to the main screen.POST NVFlash:When your G-Tablet has booted back to the main screen, you will have to check and make sure everything is set up.
Particularly, get the wifi on and connected to the Internet.
Almost immediately, you should get a notice about an OTA (over the air) update.
This is the OTA Update to software version 3588.
If it does, go ahead and have it do the update.
From there, you can begin using your &stock 3588& G-Tablet.If you don't get an automatic OTA notification, you can go the to manual &Update& icon on your tablet and have it check for updates -- and hopefully it will find OTA 3588.Or, if neither of the above happen, you can download 3588 at the following link and install it manually: Note:
Following is a STICKY from General Forum on the stock recovery process:NOTICE:
There are many threads out there with tell how to do this process.
Others tell individuals' problem solving experiences.
A few of them may not be right!
The above process is not the only way to do this -- but it is fairly straightforward and it is proven.
It is recommended for anyone who does not have experience with nvflashing.If you borked your recovery, or just need to restore clockworkmod:You don't need to re-run the entire nvflash batch, to restore clockworkmod.
You just need to run one command, after setting up APX mode on your device:For Windows users: nvflash.exe --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.imgFor Linux users: ./nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.imgAnd then reboot into recovery - it should now work.
This is a way to restore a functional recovery if you are flipping between 1.1 and 1.2 ROMs and the recovery is borked afterwards (this is becoming a common issue, lately).***************************************************Further references (since I'm not a Windows user):
and Hope this helps!03/2011 update -- I've been told that this tool has been useful to erase ALL partitions, including user data. I believe you need to re-flash with the bekit 1105 above, AFTER you use this:
Edited by roebeet, 17 June 2011 - 01:50 PM.
Android Devices:
Viewsonic GTab, Notion Ink Adam, ASUS Transformer, Cowon D3
Is it possible to use NVFlash with “gtab.nvflash.1.1.branch.8.zip” to downgrade from 1.2-4349 to 1.1-3588?
Also, can I use NVFlash with “gtab.nvflash.1.2.branch.9.zip” to go from 1.1 to 1.2?
If it works like that, we can go from 1.1 to 1.2 and vice versa easily.
Thank you for your help.
Yes, and that's exactly the reason why I created these.
Before I posted this, I had gone back and forth between 3588 and 4349 several times, using these - no issues found, at least on my own device.
The only &caveat& is that a data wipe is usually needed post nvflash, but that's a pretty common thing even with the bekit 1105 image.
Edited by roebeet, 19 April 2011 - 03:33 PM.
Android Devices:
Hi Roebeet,
I am a little confused.. Do i follow the same steps for Nvflash as previous. What has changed. I am a little lost.. Sorry.. I am going to be upgrading to the V1.2 4349 to get ur latest rom on there. But i am a little lost here.
Thanks for all your help.
That's great!
Thank you for all of your helps.
Hi roebeet,
I think i have figured it out.. Let me know if this is correct..
The new 4/19/2011 File that is uploaded today is the file i would extract and use with nvflash
Rather than using the nvflash_gtablet_.zip from Bekit 1105 inmage correct.
So now if i download the 3588 one from about or the 4349 i should be able to revert back to either 1.1 on 3588 just using nvflash and 4349 using nvflash and will not have to do anything else.
let me know if i got this semi correct.
You nailed it. Suggestion:
Make two folders, one for 3588 and one for 4349.
That's how I have my setup.
Android Devices:
This thread should DEFINITELY be pinned.
Edited by bobtran, 20 April 2011 - 12:16 AM.
&There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.& - Herbert Spencer
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask
mrsburnout
- Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links
sheranosuke
I tried to use the backout instructions for twotaps back to stock 3588. when I tried that I got an error saying &header is the same, not flashing recovery& When I try to boot into recovery it does pass the booting recovery kernal image line. My tablet still works fine otherwise and is still on twotaps. I was wondering if maybe NV Flash would fix this?
It would, but you might not need it.
If you already have standard recovery and try to flash to the same thing, it gives you this message (basically it's saying that the image is the same as what's already there).
You should be OK, but keep nvflash in the back of your mind, just in case.
Android Devices:
Roebeet - FYI the first two links are dead - (looks like maybe a cut and paste error because the &...&'s show up in the URL)Thanks for the great instructions!
Thanks - I've had a lot of those (still need to get used to the new SLD copy / paste).
Android Devices:
Silicon Warrior
Just a note to everyone that if they're going to use the format utility linked in the OP that they should read the XDA thread first !
I didn't and thought I had bricked my tablet.
It looked like the power button wasn't working since the birds screen never comes up at that point, but the tablet went into APX mode anyway and I was able to flash a stock ROM.
RobBrownNZ
Just a note about my experience: I'm new with this, but I really have read a whole lot and I thought I was ready! A lot of what follows will be well-known to the G-Tablet faithful, but please bear with me
I got my new G-tab, and tried to connect it to my employer's WiFi which has a proxy. First problem: the G-Tab doesn't have a proxy setup option. Sideloaded TransProxy, it needs root. Sideloaded z4root (which is a pain because Windows anti-virus programs detect it as a virus), got root, TransProxy doesn't work because the kernel doesn't support it. Downloaded ClockWork Recovery 0.8 for GTab and then pershoot's 2.6.32.39 kernel. Now TransProxy works! Got the OTA notification, started the update.
After about an hour, with the progress bar not moving, I decided that the employer's WiFi has died (it's pretty flaky). I cancelled the update and rebooted.
--- At this point I don't understand what went wrong ---
The device went into a boot loop, showing the ViewSonic logo and then the G-Tablet logo, and then resetting. No ADB access possible.
I downloaded NVFlash and bekit's 2010-11 image, and re-flashed successfully. However, this didn't resurrect the unit. I could re-write CWR through NVFlash and erase different areas of memory, but nothing made any difference.
Finally I downloaded roebeet's 1.2-4349 based image and wrote it with NVFlash, and the device is up and running again.
The only thing I can think of is that at some point I went on an erasing spree, and erased the Dalvik cache as well and data / factory reset. Possibly something in there screwed it up, and although I don't know exactly what I did wrong, I am generally sure that it was my ignorant poking that caused the problems!
Another big THANK YOU to roebeet and all you other contributors, for providing the tools for me to (1) screw up my new tablet, and (2) get it working again
Edited by RobBrownNZ, 25 April 2011 - 11:22 PM.
michael schwarz
Normally, I search until I find the answer, but I don't see it here. I used NVFlash to reset my device, which worked as advertised. After I did a factory reset, I got the message about updating to 3588, which I did. After playing with it for a while, I checked to see if it wanted to update again and I got the message that I was up to date at 3588. Not being known for patience, I followed the instructions above to download the 1.2 branch image.
I extracted it and ran NVFlash the same way as I did the earlier image. When I did, I got the birds bott screen and the g-tablet screen. From there, the screen would go black. I tried rebooting a couple of more times and got the same results.
Did I do something wrong. What's the best way to get to 4349? Once there, I plan to install a new ROM.
Thanks in advance.
AgMEEN2000
I am in the same boat.
NVFlashed from a 1.1 ROM to 3588 without issue, then NVFlashed up to 4349.
Birds, then black screen.
I am very reluctant to let an OTA happen, since Viewsonic is now pushing locked bootloaders!
Any guidance, guys?
AgMEEN2000
...Upon further experimentation, I can confirm that I am a knuckle-head with technology and should stick to turning bolts.
I was confronted with the black screen.
Disconnected the USB cable, then held down the power button until I could see that the screen was without power (not just black).
Waited a minute, then powered back on.
Saw the birds, then GTablet, then the familiar Tap-n-Tap animation and the machine was back up and running.
butchconner
AgMEEN2000,
This is not a rant or a fuss at you!!!
But a lot of people are being mislead.
THE 1.2 VERSION VIEWSONIC ROM IS NOT LOCKED.
There, I yelled it and it felt
This is nothing in the ROM that I know of that will keep people from using
other kernels, etc. with the 1.2 ROM.
The &other kernels, etc.& will just
have to be designed to work with the 1.2 firmware -- and that can't be done
yet because the source code is not available.
The simple fact is that 1.2 is different software than 1.1 -- therefore the
1.1 kernels will not work with it.
In my humble opinion, when folks say it is &locked&, which to me implies there
is something built into it that will keep people from adapting and using it --
they are misleading people or worse.
Thanks for letting me voice this opinion.
Edited by butchconner, 29 April 2011 - 06:33 PM.
Hi I am currently running gadam for the 1.1 firmware. I tried to nvflash to 3588 version using the given instructions. I am running s Suse Linux system within VMWARE7. When i put my gtablet in the APX mode and attach to the laptop I can see the &Bus 001 Device 005: ID
NVidia Corp& from within my SuSe system when i run lsusb. Now when i try to run the ./nvflash_gtablet.sh command I get the following error.
Flashing G Tablet with the base images...
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
unable to retrieve platform info NvError 0x120000
Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Reply to quoted posts&&&&& &&&
Forum Password
Remember me
This is not recommended for shared computers
Sign in anonymously
Don't add me to the active users list}

我要回帖

更多关于 root后ota升级失败 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信